The LM317 Regulator device is an adjustable three-terminal positive-voltage regulator capable of supplying more than 1.5 A over an output-voltage range of 1.25 V to 37 V. It requires only two external resistors to set the output voltage. The device features a typical line regulation of 0.01% and a typical load regulation of 0.1%. It includes current limiting, thermal overload protection, and safe operating area protection. Overload protection remains functional even if the ADJUST terminal is disconnected.
• Output voltage range adjustable from 1.25 V to 37 V
• Output current greater than 1.5 A
• Internal short-circuit current limiting
• Thermal overload protection
• Output safe-area compensation